Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flashy: Phase One-Basic Shapes and Pistol Grips

So today I had the desire to get working on Flashy.

I copied the concept drawing I did and laid it out on 1/2" MDF board.  Taping it down and tracing over it with pencil, I got the basic body of the gun laid out.




Next step was to fire up the scrollsaw and cut out the basic body of the gun.





That leaves us with the basic shape.  From here, the gun will start to take form.











 Next part I wanted to work on was the pistol grips.  Taking a page from Volpin's ME3 Rifle build, I cut the grips out of 1/4" MDF, stacked them on top of each other, and taped them together.  Cutting them out together gave me two identical grips, one for each side.












I sanded them down, rounding out the edges, and glued one of the grips into place.


I may have jumped the gun on that one, as I may need to trim the body some more when I get to making the barrel, so I won't glue on the second grip until later.

One night of work.  Progress.

1 comment:

  1. Pistol grips refer to the portions of pistols which are held in hand. These grips are designed with so many different shapes and sizes that become appropriate for any kind of pistol. You can find the grips of wood, rubber and other materials; however, usually people love to use rubber grips, since they are perfectly suited for any environmental condition. If you want to check the different size and shapes of pistol grips, then look up
    Zfi-Inc.com who is renowned manufacturer of pistol grips and other weapon accessories.

    ReplyDelete