Monday, September 1, 2014

Light the Fires

Tomorrow night I start up a new campaign, of sorts.  My "Wild Cards" campaign is on temporary hiatus.  I'm trying to figure out where to take it, and also since it's part of the much larger Another Longshot mega-campaign, I feel like I need to put the brakes on while I figure out my plans for the other team(s).  In the meantime, we've been given this lovely black-covered manuscript from FFG, and an open request to play the hell out of it and give feedback on what players and GMs think works and what doesn't. 

So for purely scientific reasons and solely for creative feedback purposes, I've transitioned my usual bi-weekly, Tuesday night game to test out the Force and Destiny Beta rulebook.  I'm certainly not doing it because I've nearly destroyed the book flipping through it so many times or because I've drooled all over the pages. 

And if you believe that, I've got a lovely plot of land on Alderaan I'd love to sell you.  Cheap, too!


I know I've said this before; but this time I'm going to try...really, really try...to give readers a peek behind the curtain in my presentation of this campaign.  I'm highly motivated to do this because this is a playtesting process.  These rules have to work with both sides of the GM screen; with players and with Gamemasters.  So I'm going to try and talk about how my adventures were formed, and how the party performed, and what rules worked and what rules didn't.  I'm going to be submitting this data to FFG for their Beta Test, and will hopefully contribute to the final product.

So later this week, hopefully, you folks will start to get a GM-eye view of "The Lightbearers".





2 comments:

  1. I am excited to read this and live vicariously through this lightsabery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to know the description of fun?

      Take a high brawn thug with Enthusiastic/Recklessness, and don't buy any weapons. Then break out of prison, rip open the security lockers and take the first melee weapon you see. Then charge down the hall at the security forces coming to stop you, and keep on going picking up more weapons as you go.

      I eventually gave the lightsaber back, but by then I had a blaster pistol and truncheon.

      Delete