Tuesday, August 12, 2014

GenCon 2014: Pre-Game

Here I am, in New Hampshire.  In 24 hours I hope to be in the middle of the D20 Radio GenCon Meet N Greet, rubbing elbows with those of you out there in the Gamer Nation that could make it to the con, and with some industry friends of the show.  After that, it's likely going to be 4 days of poor sleep, late nights, and geek overload.

Gods, I hope I can survive it.

When going away on any trip, it's important to make sure you don't forget anything.  This trip is no different.  It's even more important not to forget anything because I've got probably a dozen or more folks in Indianapolis who are looking forward to sitting down at my module, "The Big Leagues".  So I did what anyone would do (yes, at the suggestion and urging of my wife); I made a list.

So here's what I'm bringing...

The Big Leagues

  • Huttball Map
  • Final Encounter Map
  • Dice Rolling Tray (Thanks Ann Marie and Erich!)
  • Dice (...for the tray)
  • Initiative Tracker (8.x11 dry erase board, thanks Chris!)
  • The Module (printed)
  • Character Sheets (24 of them, 3 pages each.  Quickest use of a printer cartridge ever...)
  • GM Screen
  • Character Tokens
  • Assorted Alea Tools Magnets (Status conditions, height modifiers, etc)
  • Cargo Tiles
  • Age of Rebellion core rulebook (rules and autographs)
  • Edge of the Empire core rulebook (rules and autographs)
Jedi Outfit
  • Jacket
  • Tabards (2)
  • Obi
  • Pants
  • Boots (with insoles)
  • Belt
  • Pouches (2)
  • Lightsaber
  • 32" blade (bought my current suitcase specifically because it fit inside)
  • Charger
  •  Hex Key
Vaultdweller
  • "101" Jumpsuit
  • Belt
  • 10mm Autopistol (Made from a NERF Maverick)
  • Mentats
  • Combat Boots
  • Vault 13 flask
  • Pipboy 3000 (gotta remember to get 9v and AAA batteries)
  • Micro Mp3 player (45+ minutes of music & 3-Dog clips pre-loaded)
Electronics
  • Phone
  • Tablet
  • Charge Cords
  • Back-up Battery 
  • Power Strip (I'm rooming with 3 other guys with just as many electronics as I...we'll need the plug-space)
Mundane items
  • 4 days of clothes
  • Toothbrush & Toothpaste
  • Deodorant (I will not be "That guy")
  • Drugs (Wife would be upset if I died in Indy...so would I)
  • Airborne chewable capsules (Wife will kill me if I bring home the ConCrud)
  • 2 travel-size bottles of Purell (see above)
  • Electric Razor (gotta remember to shave the head tonight)
  • Moleskin (for when I wear the Jedi boots)
  • Scissors (for the moleskin)
  • Box of Pop-Tarts
  • Box of Granola Bars
  • Water Bottle w/ built-in purifier (This item alone will probably save me $10-$20 per day...)
Also included are various gifts and attire I need for the weekend, including my 501st Legion Challenge Coin and Name Badges.

Supposedly most of that will fit into my suitcase and two carry-on bags.  I don't think I'll be over 50 lbs in the suitcase, I've actually got a bit of dead-space in there.

I should be running The Big Leagues at least twice, but I brought enough material to run it all four times (once for each PC Set).  We'll see how many times and who I get to play with.

I have no clue how often I'll be updating this blog this week.  I'm more likely to post little blurbs on Twitter.  Follow me @DarthGM on twitter and you'll get my various updates.

May the dice be with me...

Bonus Content: Boston Comic Con




This past weekend was Boston Comic Con, and I wanted to give a shout out to my base CO, Mike Brunco, for getting his idea for our convention booth from concept to finished product.  Another local legionnaire Kevin made the bulk of our new Trash Compactor, and many of us went to Mike's house to paint it up.  The dianoga head was made by Brian Anderson, and the tentacle was made by Bob Gouveia.  By the images on the NEG website, you can see that it was something of a big hit.

Oh, and I bumped into GM Sam at the con.  Chatted with him for a bit about upcoming conventions. 



And didn't have to pay BCC $40 to do so...


No comments:

Post a Comment