If They Don't Give You Something, Make It
Jedi Initial Thoughts
As I think about a Jedi Career, this "specialization" step has already been done for me. Since the release of the original Knights of the Old Republic video game, there have been three basic "Jedi Classes" that keep popping up; Guardians, Consulars, and Sentinels. Guardians are the noble fighters, the ones best trained in combat and being a martial symbol of the Jedi Order. Consulars are the mediators, the negotiators. They are also the ones who tend to specialize in unlocking the greater mysteries of the Force. The Sentinels are the investigators, the hunters of Sith lore, and the clandestine protectors of the Order.
- Athletics; because Jedi of all types are seen as physically healthy and capable.
- Cool; being emotionally centered and maintaining their calm are hallmarks of your typical Jedi. Also used for occasional initiative rolls.
- Coordination; linked to Athletics, many Jedi seem to have good balance and grace.
- Discipline; almost required, as this is the skill most often linked to Force use (or Force resistance) and Fear checks.
- Lightsaber; a new Skill that works like Melee, but focuses on the special training needed to wield a weapon that you could very easily lop your own extremity off with.
- Perception; because an unaware Jedi is a dead Jedi. Plus the Force can help out greatly in this regard.
- Resilience; a Jedi needs to have boundless energy and recuperative ability, because the Galaxy seems to need him 27 hours a day.
- Vigilance; the more-often-used initiative skill, and another skill often linked to Force use.
- Guardians: More martial than other Jedi, Guardians add Brawl and Lightsaber to their skill lists. Guardians don't always use their lightsaber for every situation, but when they do they tend to be a bit more skilled with it than purely Consulars or Sentinels. Guardians also tend to have commanding personalities, and can motivate others to great acts, so I added Leadership. Finally, there are many Jedi Guardians who are portrayed as good pilots, so I selected Pilot (Space) as their fourth skill option.
* I'm from the suburbs of Boston. I get to say "wicked" and have it be grammatically correct for my culture. Be thankful I type my Rs...
** Sweet christmas, I need to get some progress done on a costume; either a new one or my Jedi Shadow. Feh.