Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jedi Shadow: An Update

This build has been anything but easy...

Let's start with some reference images.

Now let's look at what I've got...

The basic look is there, but it's pretty far from done. Also, these pictures were taken on a very warm day, late at night, and after a while of trying to wrestle with the "unique" design of how the belt closes. I know it's not sitting right, and the skirt isn't hemmed up right, but it's pretty much a preliminary fitting.

My fiance had a great idea to embroider the runes with mylar thread.  Awesome plan.  Too bad each rune took her an average of 40 minutes to do, due to how easy mylar thread snaps in a sewing machine.  Still, they do glimmer.


The start of my hand wraps.  Again, a long way to go.  I'm using a pair of nice Nike baseball batting gloves as a base.  That way I'll be more assured to have a good grip on the lightsaber.

Fun with EL Tape...glowing runes...

And here's my hairy legs in foot wraps.  I've got to clean them up a bit.

I've got a ways to go, and not a heck of a lot of time to do it...I really need to have this done by the second weekend in August to even have a shot at getting this approved for the Legion.

Ah well, onward and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment